Data Infrastructure Engineer, September 2015 – Present
Google Inc., Mountain View, CA
Software Engineer, September 2013 – September 2015
Cognizant Technology Solutions, San Ramon, CA
Cloudfire Platform Engineering at Symantec Global HQ (Mountain View, CA)
- Developed Django app/dashboard with REST API for displaying CPE Service Health Status and Metrics.
gTech Engineering Business Intelligence at Google Global HQ (Mountain View, CA)
- Conversion of operational ETL pipeline from Python workflow to Pipewrench (PatchPanel) workflow.
- Added, Modified, or Deprecated multiple ETL processes to include MapReduce in Python and Go.
- Enhanced Third Party data through Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA) using Google search in ETL
- Conversion of operational ETL binaries from Sawzall to Go lang (~10k lines of code).
- Build internal Business Intelligence tools using Google’s App Engine integrated with Google Data
- Developed visualization dashboards using Aplos and Google’s Dashboard for ETL pipeline quality
- Experienced with Google’s internal bug tracking, code review, and version control software for each
- Worked directly with Third Party data vendors to establish FTP acquisition and ETL pipeline data
Software Engineer, February 2012 – September 2013
REI Systems, Sterling, VA
Enterprise System Development Office (ESDO) at US Department of Homeland Security (District
- Supporting the 13 federal agencies inclusive of DHS in Drupal
- Deploying and maintaining Testing, Staging and Production environments on the CGI Federal Cloud.
- Experienced with continuous integration systems (Bamboo) and version control/management (Git).
- Onboarding new tenant technologies through linux server installation and configuration (Tomcat,
- Daily operations and maintenance support of tenants through JIRA issue tracking software.
- Working remotely from REI office with travel to DHS HQ, Daily SCRUM and tenant/consultant meetings
GovDashboard, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) for Business Intelligence Visualizations.
- Development of open source SaaS for REI’s performance analysis tool extending the core Drupal CMS
- Developed OOP software in Python for Predictive Analytics; Logistic & Multivariate Linear
- Developed interactive data visualizations using AJAX, Drupal’s restAPI, HighCharts and D3.js
- Developed custom drupal module for FISMA security policies for REI’s federal agency sites.
- Experienced with continuous integration systems (Hudson) and version control/management
Web Developer - Owner, July 2003 – January 2012
dba Ultimate Creative Media, Frederick, MD
- Founded a marketing business for the development of advertising media for small businesses.
- Designed business identities and media presence through a partnership with experienced Graphic Artist.
- Developed and maintained business websites for information, e-commerce, forums, and blogging.
- Provided website hosting services and maintenance for business websites including HTTPS.
- Deployed, administered and troubleshot Linux (SuSE) production server for large personal phpBB site.
Web Developer - Owner, January 2000 – December 2011
dba UltimateDressage.com, Frederick, MD
- Founded a phpBB forum for Dressage enthusiasts that has grown into one of the largest available social
- Developed custom modifications allowing for subscriptions based registration and classified
- Social Media Banner Ad advertising deployed using OpenX ad server integrated with phpBB.
- Installation and remote maintenance of Linux based (SuSE) production server through collocation.
Meetup: Data Science for Sustainability, Big Data Developers Silicon Valley, Silicon Valley Big Data
Meetup: Data Science DC, Data Visualization DC, Hadoop-DC, NOVA-Python, Statistical Programming DC,
GitHub Repositories: Study and Development Projects https://github.com/msusol,
Coursera: Regression Models, Brian Caffo, PhD, Roger D. Peng, PhD, Jeff Leek, PhD, Johns
Hopkins University, 2015
Coursera: Getting and Cleaning Data, Roger D. Peng, Jeff Leek, & Brian Caffo, Johns
Hopkins University, 2014
Coursera: Exploratory Data Analysis, Roger D. Peng, Jeff Leek, & Brian Caffo, Johns
Hopkins University, 2014
Coursera: R Programming, Roger D. Peng, Jeff Leek, & Brian Caffo, Johns Hopkins
Coursera: Algorithms: Design and Analysis, Part 1, by Tim Roughgarden, Stanford University,
Coursera: Introduction to Data Science, by Bill Howe, University of Washington, 2013
Coursera: Machine Learning, by Andrew Ng, Stanford University, 2013
Web Developer - Board of Directors, January 2000 – December 2005
CDCTA - 501(c)(3), Culpepper, VA
- Responsible for the design and development of the organization’s website using PHP & MySQL
- Developed an extensive custom CMS allowing each board member to control website content through user
- Additionally developed e-mail based marketing and e-newsletter program through the CMS programming.
- Awarded “Volunteer of the Year” in 2005 for these contributions to the organization.